Friday 13 March 2015

Light Painting

I thought I might try some light painting, so with a willing model, a dark room and a Maglite torch we had a quick go.

I'm reasonably pleased with the results. 
I used my Fuji X Pro-1 with the XF 18-55mm OIS lens.

With this kind of work its basically guess the exposure.
I put the camera on a tripod, set the ISO to 200, aperture to between f8 and f11, whatever gave me the desired shutter speed of around 20 - 30 seconds when the lights were off. The X Pro-1 has a maximum shutter speed of 30 sec unless you use B, but that requires a cable release and I don't have one.

So, with the room in darkness and the shutter open I traced my model with the Maglite.  This particular Maglite was too powerful and I could not get the beam pin pointed enough to accurately draw over my models curves.

I dropped the RAW files into Lr and Ps and had a play, I used Nik software suite as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment