Sunday 7 February 2016

Canon USM Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4 R and Apple Photos with MacPhun Creative Kit

Continuing with my experimentation with non-Adobe workflows.

As I had already bought MacPhun Tonality from the App Store while it was on offer, I qualified for a deal on the complete MacPhun Creative Kit (CK). This is a package comprising of Tonality CK, Intensify CK, FXStudio CK, Snapheal CK, Focus CK and Noiseless CK. The CK in the App title means that it it can be used as a Photoshop Plugin as well. When bought via the App Store individually this function is not available.

I have yet to try the Apps with Photoshop, I'm still playing with non-Adobe workflow.

For these images I used Apple Photos as the main App, I like the viewing experience, then a double click to view a single image and then click the edit button. In the album view if you had shot RAW+jpeg, then the images are stacked, the jpg being the image on top, this is indicated with a J bottom left of the image. One double clicked and being viewed full-screen, go to Image on the Menu bar and select Use RAW, you are then viewing and working on the RAW file. I then processed the images using the MacPhun CK as plug-ins within Apple Photos.

My method is to choose a preset from the Creative Kit, then adjust that to taste. Being able to layer the presets and adjustments and then control their opacity make it a very flexible workflow.


Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4

Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4

Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4

Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4

Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4

Canon 5D2, Canon USM 50mm f1.4

Canon 5D2, Canon USM 50mm f1.4

Canon 5D2, Canon USM 50mm f1.4
What I did notice when processing these images is that the Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4 and the Fuji X-Pro1 compare very well to the Canon 5D2 and the Canon USM 50mm f1.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment