Tuesday 22 August 2017

St Cwyfan's church, St Michael's Llanrug, Llunau Mymbyr with Olympus OM-D E-M5, M.Zuiko 12-40 f2.8 PRO



Weather better today, clouds in the sky and no rain.


First stop was St Cwyfan in Aberffraw on Anglesey more popularly known amongst photographers as "eglwys bach y mor" or "Church in the Sea".


I'd checked the tide times and high tide was at 11:00 so I arrived just before and set up my Canon 5D2 with a 10 stopper on the 16-35mm f2.8 L II. (I've not processed these images yet so all images on this post are from my OM-D M-5.)


After making the images I set off for Ogwen Valley and Pont Benglog. Unfortunately there was not very much water in the falls under the bridge so the images are not that spectacular.


Stopped off quickly at Llynnau Mymbyr and took a couple of images with the OM-D.


I moved on to Llanrug and St Michaels cemetary. This is a very atmospheric graveyard with some old headstones.


Final destination was another go at the old garage in Llanrug, I've photographed it so many times but never been really pleased with the results, I only used the OM-D this time. Light was flat so not particularly pleased with the results this time either.










2 comments:

  1. So you took the 5D2 AND the OM series with you ... a real photo venture then! Pics 2, 3 and 5 work for me. Would it be offensive to your artistic sensibilities to try to map the sky (from pic 3) into pic 1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like Pic 5, I wasn't too sure of it when I processed it but its grown on me since. I think it reflects the location perfectly.

    ReplyDelete