Thursday 24 August 2017

Mysterious image St Michaels cemetary Llanrug, north Wales.



I was in North Wales recently and on our way back to our hotel I thought I'd try to find the final resting place of General Sir Hugh Rowlands who was the first Welsh recipient of the Victoria Cross.


His family plot is in St Michaels cemetary in Llanrug not that far from the family home is Plas Tirion, Llanrug.


Rowlands' plot is quite easy to locate, its not far off the main path from the entrance gate.





The VC is clearly displayed on the monument. Sir Hugh, enjoyed a distinguished military career and lived on to the grand old age of 81, unlike a lot of VC recipients who get the award posthumously.


After locating the plot I took a walk around looking for some images, the grass was long and the purple/grey of the headstones with the mountains as a backdrop looked likely to provide the images I was after.


I started shooting and on one particular shot noticed that the Face Recognition on the OM-D kept overriding my selected focus point, I've not had the OM-D long and the Face Recognition was one of the features that really impressed me, it was so quick and accurate, as well as being able to tell which eye was nearest to the camera, so I though it odd that this was happening. I turned and composed another image, and the camera focussed on my chosen area. I tried the first shot again; as before the Face Recognition took over again and focussed on the same spot. I took the image as I was using a small aperture and thought everything would be in acceptable focus anyway.


When I got the files back home and looked at them on my 27"Apple TB monitor I detected something in the image.




What I saw is to the right of the ivy covered tomb.


Its probably difficult to see in web resolution so below is 100% crop.


Now i'm REALLY impressed with the OM-D face recognition!

2 comments: