Thursday 30 March 2017

North Wales with Canon 5D2 - revised images

In the comments on my last post Simon Hill suggested I correct the perspective on one of the images. 

I had applied the lens correction filter in Lightroom to the image which had taken with my Canon 20mm f2.8 USM lens. Obviously being a 20mm wide angle lens it was still going to render a distorted image, particularly as I shot from a low angle. I rather like this as it can add tension and I don't as a rule correct it.

However, Simon is an excellent photographer whose experience and skill I greatly admire, so as an experiment I used the Perspective Correction tool in Ps CC to correct the verticals on that image.

On this occasion I think he was correct, it does look better. Let me know what you think in the comments.

I've given this image a different treatment and added a film effect in Silver EFX Pro.

Canon 5D2 Canon 20mm f2.8 USM
.




No comments:

Post a Comment