Saturday 14 July 2012

Welsh landscapes with Canon 5D2


After a couple of months shooting with my Leica M8 I got the Canon 5D2 out while in North Wales recently.
I've been meaning to shoot Llyn Dinas and Llyn Gwynant for a while but weather and time conspired against me on previous visits. However on my last visit the water was still and the sky populated with dramatic clouds.
I had both the Leica M8 and the Canon 5D2 with me but on this occasion elected to use the 5D2.
The reason was that I wanted to be absolutely sure that I'd get the result I wanted, and know that the Canon can deliver that every time.
I'm not doing the Leica an injustice here, of course I could have shot an almost identical photo with the M8, but it would have taken me longer.
I find it very easy to shoot quickly with the 5D2 and it never lets me down, if the results are not good enough it is because I'm not pointing it in the right place.
I'm pleased with the results, I achieved the symmetry I was after.
Conversion to B+W in Lightroom.


Boathouse on Llyn Dinas
Llyn Gwynant


Llyn Gwynant
Llyn Dinas looking towards Beddgelert







No comments:

Post a Comment