Monday 30 January 2017

iPhone 7 shooting raw in DNG

I had a phone upgrade last week to the iPhone 7. Its pretty much the same as the iPhone 6 I had, except without a 3.5mm headphone socket, and some other stuff which is OK but not really life changing like 3D touch and a slightly better screen.

Anyway, it was the ability to shoot raw images that interested me most.
The standard iPhone Camera App remains jpg only, you have to use a third party camera App to shoot raw. I already had Lightroom Mobile and the camera included with this is able to shoot in DNG.

As it is a nice bright day I popped out for a stroll and took a few images in DNG, these were processed in Lr on my iMac after syncing in Lr Mobile.

I applied some exposure adjustment, applied the lens profile and some noise reduction and sharpening.

iPhone 7 ISO100 3.99mm f1.8 1/5700

iPhone 7 ISO100 3.99mm f1.8 1/10600

iPhone 7 ISO100 3.99mm f1.8 1/6800

No comments:

Post a Comment