Friday 20 February 2015

Product photos with Fuji X Pro-1

I'm selling my Leica Elmarit-M III 28mm f/2.8 on Ebay. I usually take Ebay photos with an old Olympus 3040 but thought that the Elmarit deserved a better set of photos.

I thought I'd try the Fuji X Pro-1 at the task. The only flash I had to hand was the Leica CF that I'm also currently listing on Ebay.

I set the Elmarit up in the light tent on a piece of glass raised 4cm above a white background.

I used a cheapo RF flash trigger to fire the Leica CF flash holding it above the light tent.

I used the Fuji X Pro-1 in manual exposure and manual focus. The focus peaking was a great help here, and I used the rear LCD screen. I used trial and error to arrive at the correct exposure of f/14 @ 1/125th. I set the Fn button on the Fuji to Self Timer.

I'm quite pleased with the results.









No comments:

Post a Comment