Sunday 23 February 2014

Storm damaged trees with Leica Monochrom and Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f1.4

We were over on Beddgelert this weekend checking on our house after the terrible winds of last week.

Winds reached speeds of 108mph in Porthmadog only 8 miles away down the valley.

Beddgelert was hit by some huge gusts that came up the Aberglasyn valley which took the roof of the Tanronnen hotel and blew off many chimney pots, ridge tiles and slates on other houses in the village. Thankfully our house is sheltered and escaped intact.

On the drive over we had noticed lots of freshly blown over trees, some had been up-rooted others snapping dramatically. One such tree is in a field behind our house, and even though the light was poor I took the Leica Monochrom and Voigtlander Nokton out to see what I could get.

I'm really pleased with the images. The Nokton, to me at least, has a lovely look to it, I like the bokeh and the contrast and range of tones is just how I like them. 
The Monochrom files are easy to work with and the range of tones, contrast and detail in the files is beautiful.

Images processed in Lr as usual.








No comments:

Post a Comment