Monday 11 June 2012

Cosina Voigtlander 15mm Heliar aspheric Leica M Mount

My Cosina Voigtlander 15mm aspheric Leica M Mount has arrived.


I bought this from an Ebay  vendor (rangefinder2008) based in Thailand. The service was top-class and the lens arrived quickly.
Once in the UK however it could not be delivered as HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs) decided that I had to pay the duty and VAT. I suppose I've got to make my contribution to paying for the ridiculous 60th jubilee concert by tired old performers after a knighthood. Don't you think that Elton John looks more and more like Anne Widdcombe? 
Anyway I digress. The lens is really well constructed, fit and finish are superb, as good as my Elmarit. 
Unfortunately its really shitty weather here today so I've not had the opportunity to take any pics with it and I'm allergic to cats so don't have one to take a photo of, so I'll have to post some later. In the meantime here are some pics of the lens, mounted on my M8 and compared to the Elmarit 28mm.
Cosina Voigtlander Heliar 15mm M Mount

Lens is very compact mounted on the M8

Compared to Elmarit 28mm
With the M8 crop factor of 1.33 the 15mm gives FF equivalent of 21mm, which as it happens is one of my favourite focal lengths. I now have (equivalent) of 21, 35 and 70mm lens for the M8 which for me is pretty much all I need.
Next I'll be coding the CV15mm as a WATE. I'll report back on Cyan corners and IR/UV filters later when they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment