Sunday 15 May 2016

Macro Photo Stacking with Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC

The light was nice this afternoon so I quickly positioned a vase of flowers by a window and used my Canon 5DII and Canon 100mm f2.8 macro to grab some shots to try some photo stacking.

I set the 5DII up on a tripod and used a remote release to take eight shots at different focal points. Aperture remained constant at f11.

In Lr I selected the three best images and then right clicking on them chose: Edit In > Open as Layers in Photoshop

Once open in Ps I selected the layers and chose Edit > Auto Align Layers. One that was compete with the layers still selected I chose Edit > Auto Blend Layers. In the pop up window I selected the Stacking option and let Ps do its stuff.

The resulting image was then processed in Nik suite.






No comments:

Post a Comment