Friday 20 April 2012

I've bought a Leica

About two weeks ago I suddenly got the urge to own a Leica rangefinder. I've no idea where this came from.
Anyway, today I took delivery of a used Leica M8 in black. I found it on Ebay and it came complete with the box, cables, CD's, charger, dealer stamped bits etc and is in excellent condition.
Leica's are never sold with a lens as its these that really keep their value, but an Elmarit 28mm f2.8 was found in Ffordes at a very good price and should arrive soon.
The M8 uses an  sensor with a crop factor of 1.33 so 28mm is equivalent to a 37mm on a FF 35mm sensor, perfect for street photography.
In the mean time I'm testing the M8 with a loaned 24mm Elmarit. so far the results look promising, very sharp, neutral and considering the fairly simple centre weighted average metering really well exposed.
Given some decent weather this weekend I might get some images worth putting up online next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment