Tuesday 8 August 2017

Olympus M.Zuiko 12-40mm f2.8 and hdew Cameras

Full disclosure: I have nothing whatsoever to do with hdew Cameras, and paid for the lens with my own money.
A quick big up to hdew Cameras who have just supplied me with an Olympus 12-40mm f2.8 Pro lens.
I was looking at this lens for my OMD-EM5 and the best I could find was used in MPB Photographic (who I use a lot) at £499 + delivery. Then Google turned up the same lens new (but white box separated from a kit apparently) in hdew cameras.
I'd never heard of hdew Cameras so was wary and of course you hear all kinds of horrors around "grey" goods. However at £503 inc VAT it was too good an offer to at least not check out.
I contacted hdew Cameras by email asking if they were "grey" goods, they replied that technically they were but had their own 3 yr warranty with a manufacturer approved facility and that the goods were in the UK and not imported from elsewhere on demand.
I pressed the button and 5 working days later my lens arrived.
On opening the box I was pleasantly surprised to find not a white box but an official unopened Olympus box.
I logged onto MyOlympus and on entering the serial number the lens was detected and the 3yr warranty from Olympus applied together with a 6 month extension, so it was all good. The lens has the latest Firmware so its not been sat on a dealers shelf for months either.
I was kept up to date via email of my order status and any questions were answered very quickly. I was sent a VAT receipt by email as I had requested.
All in all a very pleasurable and easy buying experience. I would not hesitate to recommend them and they will be first on my list when needing any new kit.
And the lens? it looks and feels every bit Pro and fits on the OMD-EM5 beautifully and focusses super fast. Unfortunately is pouring down here this evening so I can't get out to try it, I'm not willing to test the weatherproofing just yet!
Images taken with iPhone 7 and Lr Mobile. Processed in Lr Mobile

Olympus OM-D E-M5 with M.Zuiko 12-40mm f2.8 Pro

M.Zuiko 12-40mm f2.8 Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment