Sunday 3 January 2016

Fuji X-Pro1 with Ebay flash triggers, Canon 430EXII and silver umbrella with diffuser.

A quick experiment with the Fuji X-Pro1 and some manual flash work.

I wanted to try the classic Hollywood beauty lighting. This is usually done with a studio flash and beauty dish, however I don't have either of these so I used a silver reflector umbrella with a diffuser over the front.


I attached the Canon 430EXII to the Ebay flash triggers and mounted it inside the umbrella. I set ISO at 200, the shutter speed to 1/125th and the flash power to 1:2.

I fired off a few test shots starting with the aperture of the Fujinon XF 18-55mm OIS at f4. Exposure looked OK at f6.4 so I measured the distance to Topsy's eyes and set the focus manually.

I took a few shots, altering the flash output in the 0.3 stop increments until we had the lighting we liked. for some shots we removed the diffuser which gave more contrasty shadows I had to reduce the flash power by a stop.


Images processed in Lr and Ps CC




Fuji X-Pro1, Fujinon XF 18-55mm OIS

Silver umbrella with diffuser

Silver umbrella showing 430EXII

Ebay RF flash triggers

Fuji X-Pro1 with the lighting setup




No comments:

Post a Comment