Saturday 4 April 2015

Fuji X-Trans RAW

I've been playing around with Fuji X-Trans RAW developing.

I downloaded RAW Therapee (RT) the other day and gave that a go and was sufficiently impressed to test it further.

The weather was dry today, if a little overcast, so I went out for an hour to take a few snaps to give RT another go.

As before I used RT to Demosaic the Fuji RAW files, save them as TIFF and then process in Lr.

The settings in RT were Demosaic as X-Trans, default RL Deconvolution sharpening, Micro Contrast and Edge sharpening.

Fuji X-Pro 1, Fujinon XF18-55mm

Fuji X-Pro 1, Fujinon XF18-55mm

Fuji X-Pro 1, Fujinon XF18-55mm
I'm pleased enough with the results to keep using this workflow for a bit, RT does seem to do a very good job of Demosaicing the X-Trans RAW files.



No comments:

Post a Comment