Monday 30 March 2015

Fake Apple watch from China

Not strictly photography related.
I recently read that hours after Apple announced the release date of the Apple Watch last month that the Chinese e-commerce websites were advertising their versions.

I got in touch with my daughter who is currently teaching English in China and asked her to order me one.
It has arrived at her apartment in Chengde, Hunan Province and cost £23.50.

My daughter has checked it out and sent some photos.


This is how it arrived, we half expected it never to turn up.


Box looks a little like an Apple iPhone box and it comes with a USB charging lead. The watch case with crown looks very Apple-like, but the strap is just a watch strap, it doesn't look like the ones I've seen in genuine Apple watch images. That is a sticker on the watch face that is a copy of the Apple Watch screen.


Watch was already charged and quickly set to English as a display language. Of course it doesn't run iOS but a version of Android. Bluetooth is present as well as Pedometer, Phonebook and Dialer Apps. Basically a standard cheap smart Watch in a copy of the Apple watch case.


It can tell the time as well! My daughter reports it connects with her Chinese Android phone and can make and receive calls and trigger the phone to take photos (that is the photo related content!) she is sending it to me with a load of other stuff she is sending back home so I'll update in a month or so when it arrives.


7 comments:

  1. apple watch bands I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately the watch stopped working shortly after I received it. The battery would not hold charge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!. Gold link bracelet apple watch

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Hermes apple watch strap replica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gold link bracelet apple watch Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. apple watch band australia Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. apple watch band leather Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete