Sunday 2 February 2014

Leica M8 Shutter fault

This Saturday was the first day off I've had since Christmas when it wasn't pissing down with rain or just bloody dark, so I thought that it was the ideal opportunity to take some photos with the Voigtlander 40mm Nokton I bought at the beginning of January.

After three exposures the M8 shutter jammed, the LCD displaying the message " Shutter fault".

This is serious and it will have to go back to Leica. I have a feeling that its also going to be expensive.

I know the camera is getting on for seven years old but with only 5805 shutter actuations in that time i'm not impressed, my brother has a Canon 1Ds with 544,000 shutter actuations and its still working perfectly.

I've contacted Leica and will report back here with what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment