Sunday 17 June 2012

Leica M8 IR/UV filters

Waiting for me in a customs cleared packet (no duty charged this time) when I got back from Waterford were the IR/UV filters I'd bought from Ebay. A 49mm for my Elmarit 28mm and a 52mm for the new Voigtlander 15mm Heliar. I paid £25 each for these compared to around £50-60 for B+W equivalents.


Rocolax IR/UV filter boxes

Quite nicely presented in a quality box, the filter being further contained in the usual clear plastic filter case. I've never heard of Rocolax filters (I think it sounds more like a laxative brand!) but they claim to be made with German technology, whatever that means, and have a hologram sticker so they must be good! 
I've had a quick Google for Rocolax filters but all I can find are various forum messages from people asking if anyone else has used them and if they were any good.


Leica M8 with Rocolax IR/UV filter on Voigtlander 15mm Heliar

The filters reflect red like the Leica ones. No one will ever know!
When the UK gets a bit of sunshine I'll take some shots of people wearing black polyester to see if they work.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, What do you think of this filter? I am planning to buy one for a voigtlander 40mm on my M8.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, It worked OK. Black remained black. Cheap as well.

    ReplyDelete