Monday 23 April 2012

Leica update - lens has arrived

I had some lovely weather in Aberystwyth on Sunday and took a few test images (with the 24mm) I'll process these soon and put them up.
I collected my 28mm from the sorting office this morning and it looks lovely, its in very good condition. I have identified it as an Elmarit 28mm f2.8 Version III produced between 1979 and 1993, Black, nose of lens is very large and straight.  Lens barrel does not rotate as lens is focused. 49 mm filter ring.  Reputed to be a big improvement over earlier versions.  8 elements.  Brass construction. Made in Canada in 1983.
I've updated the M8 firmware to the latest version as well.
Downloaded a DIY template and attempted to code the lens with a Sharpie pen. It didn't work, mainly as the mount has a screw just where this lens needs a black mark. Replacement mounts with 5 screws and milled to accept codes are available from a vendor on Ebay, according to the various forums these work OK.


Here is my M8 with the Elmarit 28mm Version III attached.


My Leica M8 with 28mm Elmarit f2.8 V3

No comments:

Post a Comment