Monday 8 August 2011

Inspired


I sent my APEL pre-submission to the OCA this week, so the process has been started.
I've ring-fenced money to pay for three modules of my degree
I also bought a Canon EOS 5D2 DSLR with EF-L 24-70 f2.8 lens. I got a good deal at my local Jessops, they beat both Warehouse Express and Park Cameras on a package deal, and it arrived within a week.
Recently I've been reading Open Skies by Don McCullin. Inspired by his dark and brooding landscapes I made use of the rainy weather and took the 5D2 out to see what it was like.
I'm pleased to report that it is joy to use and being back on Full-Frame after all these years is really nice. I hadn't realised how much I'd missed the DoF control FF gives you. So far I've only used the camera in Aperture Priority and even used manual focus at times as the lens does this so well.

Above is my attempt at a Mc Cullin style grumpy landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment